Here at Braunstone Frith Primary School we firmly believe that EVERY DAY COUNTS !
Miss school and you miss out We are committed to working together to improve attendance
We want to see all our pupils with 96.2% attendance or above.
There is a clear link between attendance and achievement. Whenever a child misses school they miss out on important learning. This time can never be caught up. Regular attendance is the most important factor in a child reaching their full potential. 90% attendance actually means that you have been away from school for half a day every week! If you have 90% attendance for a whole year that means that you have had nearly 4 whole weeks off of school in a year! That is 19 days or 80 lessons!
Remember, your child needs to be on time as well as in school.
What we promise:
- We will do our best to contact you on the first day of absence by telephone.
- We will contact you if we have any concerns over attendance and punctuality.
- We will also contact you if we have not been given a reason for absence.
- We will reward good and improving attendance. We give awards to pupils with 100% attendance.
- We give weekly class attendance awards.
- We will support you in promoting good attendance and punctuality.
- We will be there for you if you contact us about issues that may be impacting on your child’s attendance. We will do our best to support you and find a solution to the problem.
- The Educational Welfare Officer will get involved with persistent absentees.
What should you do?
Contact us on 0116 2872487 or send a message via another parent.
If your child is going to continue to be absent, please keep us informed.