Here at Braunstone Frith Primary Academy we firmly believe that
EVERY DAY COUNTS!
Miss school and you miss out We are committed to working together to improve attendance
We want to see all our pupils with 96.2% attendance or above.
There is a clear link between attendance and achievement. Whenever a child misses school they miss out on important learning. This time can never be caught up. Regular attendance is the most important factor in a child reaching their full potential. 90% attendance actually means that you have been away from school for half a day every week! If you have 90% attendance for a whole year that means that you have had nearly 4 whole weeks off of school in a year! That is 19 days or 80 lessons!
Remember, your child needs to be on time as well as in school.
What we promise:
- We will do our best to contact you on the first day of absence by telephone.
- We will contact you if we have any concerns over attendance and punctuality.
- We will also contact you if we have not been given a reason for absence.
- We will reward good and improving attendance. We give awards to pupils with 100% attendance.
- We give weekly class attendance awards.
- We will support you in promoting good attendance and punctuality.
- We will be there for you if you contact us about issues that may be impacting on your child’s attendance. We will do our best to support you and find a solution to the problem.
- The Educational Welfare Officer will get involved with persistent absentees.
What should parents do?
Contact us on 0116 2872487 or send a message via another parent.
If your child is going to continue to be absent, please keep us informed.