REACH IT – Our positive learning behaviour strategy
Information for parents
Children will be taught to have quality learning behaviours through the acronym ‘REACH IT’. This stands for:
Resilient Engaged actively Accountable Challenged Have a go
- In each classroom and learning area, there will a rule board displayed.
- If a rule is broken, the child’s name is written under the rule as a warning.
- If the rule is broken again, the child’s name will be written again and this means that they will miss 5 minutes of their playtime or lunchtime.
- If the rule is broken again, their name is written again and they will miss 10 minutes of their playtime or lunchtime.
- If the rule is broken again, the child will miss half of their lunchtime. This will be a red card.
- If a child is regularly getting their name written on the rule board, a discussion will be had between their teacher and phase leader about the child entering the report system.
- The report system will work in the same way that it has previously.
- Children will be rewarded for working towards one of the words in REACH IT, e.g. if they have shown really good teamwork or have been resilient in their work.
- Children will collect ‘REACH IT’ points.
- Children will receive a reward after every 100 points. These will be given out in an assembly on a Monday.
- When they reach 100 points, they will start again from zero.
- Children will no longer collect badges on their lanyards.
- In Friday assemblies, REACH IT certificates have replaced ABAs and the Golden Book.
- Parents are still welcome at Friday assemblies
REACH IT POINT CHARTS
Every class has a “REACH IT” points chart.
Every time a child gets 100 points on the REACH IT points chart, they receive a sticker and a prize.
Every class has a RULE BOARD.
If you have any questions regarding any of this information, please do not hesitate to ask your child’s class teacher.
Thank you for your continuing support
Mrs N Grant